We provide a range of holistic services to support the physical, mental and psychosocial health and wellness of our global workforce. These include health protection and health promotion activities and resources.
We have a Corporate Medical Director regional Health and Wellness teams which coordinate health and medical issues in all regions.
Our Global Health and Wellness staff:
- Work closely with Environmental Health and Safety, Human Resources, Compensation and Benefits, Corporate Security and Business Units to plan, facilitate and implement a range of health, safety, regulatory and benefit related issues thus ensuring
- Air Products global and regional standards comply with governmental regulations on topics such as fitness for duty, bloodbourne pathogens, mandatory medical surveillance, medical record management, medical requirements for respirator use, emergency response, fire brigade and confined space entry rescue.
- Safe and healthy international travel for employees and family members travelling internationally or working abroad—including formal standards and policies for medical evaluations, training, administration of medications and/or immunizations, country specific information and educational materials.
- Coordination with third party providers of emergency medical advice services and where necessary remote evacuation and repatriation.
- Collaboration with our Global Security and Corporate Travel organizations to ensure employees have the most current information they need to travel safely, including a dedicated Intranet portal for relevant information.
- Coordination with regional and global Crisis Management Teams to plan and train for crisis events globally including a specific Health Crisis Management team and the oversight of 550 Health Response Officers who are part of the corporate Health Crisis Plan, thus serving to manage any health crisis event that may impact our employees or business.
- Coordinated wellness assessments in numerous countries including health coaching for employees in the U.S. and Canada, including a program for more than 800 professional Air Products drivers.
- Planning and implementation of Global Influenza Awareness campaigns, and providing flu vaccines at employee work sites to promote seasonal influenza vaccinations.
- Coordination with local/regional providers to roll out and promote Ergonomic Wellness and Education (EWE) which helps employees minimize discomfort and pain and promotes the healing process so minor aches and pains don't progress to chronic musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
- Collaboration with local/regional providers to coordinate and promote Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) through which are offered counseling for emotional and psychological support, practical guidance and support on legal, financial, family and work matters and online health and wellbeing guidance.
- Development of quarterly Health and Safety posters that are translated into our 14 common languages. Topics include staying healthy, driving safety, fire safety and more.
- Coordination with in the broad range of country medical resources around the world by means of appointed medical contractors to ensure local delivery of medical services compliant with local regulations and Air Products Standards.
Back to Safety and Health