The secret to turning our diversity into a competitive advantage is continuing to cultivate an inclusive environment where everyone can make a difference. Work in this area takes many forms, including business and regionally focused D&I leadership teams, leadership and employee training, equitable policies, mentoring programs, networking and professional development, and vibrant employee resource groups. A few examples:
The Inclusion Network brings employees from across our company together to work collaboratively to foster an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their full potential. Comprised of leaders from our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) D&I, Human Resources, and executive leadership, the Inclusion Network aims to help attract and retain talent, raise cultural awareness and competence, develop critical skills and competencies, build supportive networks and contribute to the company's overall diversity and inclusion objectives. Participants have access to a variety of programming and development opportunities, including workshops and networking events with colleagues and leaders from across the company.
Employee Resource Groups work collaboratively with the Inclusion Network and in partnership with the company to attract and retain diverse talent. The focus for these groups is creating a welcoming and supportive environment, enhancing professional and personal development, and supporting an inclusive workplace.
Our current groups include:
- 4AP, All Asian Americans at Air Products
- BERG, Black Employee Resource Group
- EDGE, Ethnically Diverse Gulf Employees
- Enable, ability-focused resource group
- HOLA, Hispanic Organization of Latinos and Amigos
- Spectrum, an LGBT resource group
- WSN, Women’s Success Network
Leadership Development Program for Diverse Talent provides talented women and minorities in the early stages of their leadership journey with the insights, support and exposure they need to thrive and reach their full potential. The program leverages the Lean In Learning Circle concept to provide a supportive environment for professional development, and offers the opportunity to build critical networks and gain visibility and exposure to senior leadership.
Additional Ways Air Products Creates a Culture of Inclusion
- Our global Peer-to-Peer Recognition program encourages colleagues to instantly and visibly recognize each other for their contributions.
- Our Global Health & Wellness Team offers year-round activities and events to encourage our employees to take interest in their own health and well-being. This includes physical activity challenges, healthy food choices, and periodic health screenings.
- Flexible work arrangements help employees manage when and where they most effectively get their work done.
- The Parents Association organizes a summer camp fair and a summer camp busing program at our corporate headquarters.