We partner with organizations that support diverse talent to inspire future scientists, engineers and skilled technical workers to build a diverse pipeline today, and for the future. Here are some examples:
- National Society of Black Engineers & Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers: These organizations are dedicated to the academic and professional success of African-American and Hispanic engineering students and professionals, respectively.
- National Action Council on Minorities in Engineering (NACME): Air Products supports NACME to provide pre-college programs and scholarships to increase the number of successful African American, American Indian, and Latino women and men in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education and careers
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE): We are involved with SWE on college campuses and in our communities to help women achieve their full potential as engineers and leaders and demonstrate the value of diversity.
- 100,000 Jobs Mission: A coalition of companies committed to hiring military veterans and pool.
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE): In the U.K., we partner with WISE to inspire girls to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math with a focus on building our future talent pipeline.
- Skills USA: We actively partner with Skills USA to support career and technical education for students across the country.
- Futuros Empresarios is a US-based job shadowing program for Hispanic high school students to gain real life experience in the business world.
- REACH is a program that engages our Shanghai employees to teach business skills to students through role playing, discussions and games, while learning to collaborate, work in teams, and build interpersonal skills.
Engagement with the Community
Air Products invests time, goods and services in the communities where we do business. Our employees work together as local ambassadors for our company. Engaging in STEM mentoring partnerships for girls in the U.K., building teamwork through social service clubs in South Korea, and providing much needed school supplies in the US are some of the ways Air Products demonstrates the commitment we have in the communities where we live and work.
- Global IT employees developed a sustainable food program – IT Potato Farming – planting and harvesting thousands of pounds of potatoes for local food banks.
- A nationwide backpack drive was created by our employees at 50 of our US sites; the backpacks were distributed to local children to ensure they had this important tool for the school year.
- “Heemangkong” is a social service club founded by our employees in South Korea with the goal of making their community a better place to live for those in need, and build teamwork and morale for participating employees.