April 22, 2004 Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Underscoring its commitment to sustainability, Air Products (NYSE:APD) has published its 2003 Corporate Responsibility Report, highlighting progress in the areas of environmental, economic and social performance.
Available online at www.airproducts.com/responsibility, the report discusses the vision, mission and values that shape Air Products' culture; corporate governance practices and policies; advances in environmental, health, safety and security initiatives; employee development and work/life programs; social responsibility activities, including employee volunteerism and corporate philanthropy; and products, technologies and service solutions that are helping customers be more sustainable in their operations.
The report replaces and expands upon Air Products' Where We Stand publication, which for more than a decade has provided stakeholders a detailed review of the company's environmental, health and safety performance.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, John Jones, said, "We are proud to introduce this latest, expanded publication that talks about many other areas of sustainability and our responsibilities as a good corporate citizen. And we have chosen to introduce it on Earth Day, an annual event when we are all called to reflect on the responsibility we have to respect and protect the environment."
Highlights from the report include sections on:
- Corporate Governance: the company's operating principles, corporate governance guidelines and business code of conduct
- Environment, Health, Safety and Security: Air Products' progress and challenges in the areas of safety and health, environmental protection, EH&S assurance, certifications, security, Responsible Care® and risk/crisis management
- Employee Development: information about pay and rewards, employee learning and feedback, programs aimed at building a balanced work/life culture, and diversity
- Social Responsibility: global employee volunteerism, product and service donations, and funding for organizations, schools and municipalities
- Customer Sustainability: a discussion of Air Products' four global growth platforms and many of the environmentally-beneficial products, technologies and services that are helping customers improve product quality and operate more efficiently.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) serves customers in technology, energy, healthcare and industrial markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of products, services and solutions, providing atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials and chemical intermediates. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. With annual revenues of $6.3 billion and operations in over 30 countries, the company's 18,500 employees build lasting relationships with their customers and communities based on understanding, integrity and passion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
NOTE: This release may contain forward-looking statements. Actual results could vary materially, due to changes in current expectations.