April 12, 2005 Lehigh Valley, Pa.
This week during Semicon Europa, Munich, Germany, Air Products is presenting its innovative approach to both its product portfolio and customer partnerships. The last couple of years have seen Air Products expand the breadth of its product portfolio to become even more of a leading 'one stop shop' gases, chemicals, equipment and services provider throughout the word.
Air Products' capabilities displayed at Semicon include its portfolio of products and services from the integration of the Electronics Chemicals Division acquired from Ashland and the Schumacher range of specialty chemicals in Europe. It also features capabilities from its electronics dedicated technical centres, of which the latest addition is the Dresden centre in Germany. The range of services offered at these centres now includes equipment refurbishment, tool maintenance and spares supply.
Air Products is also demonstrating its high purity gases and chemicals offerings, developed to meet the requirements of the next technology generation of the electronics industry.
- Air Products' white ammonia, a new ultra-high purity ammonia, is the first commercially-available product to achieve lower than one part per billion of moisture without the need for additional downstream purification.
- Megabit III grade arsine addresses the more stringent background doping requirements of more challenging MOCVD process conditions. eGAS™ Arsine generation technology is targeted towards the ion implant market.
- High purity germane and germane mixes have also been supplied from Air Products' Hometown production facility since 2003, to a growing number of IC manufacturers.
- Air Products also recently launched two new products as part of the ACT ® family of strippers: ACT™ AS-65 and EZStrip™ 520, suitable for wet bench, spray tool and single-wafer tool applications.
- Air Products Lo-K and Hi-K ranges are augmented by an agreement with Dow Corning for the supply of ZTOMCATS™, Z2DM™ and Z4MS™ and an alliance with Akzo Nobel for TMAl (trimethyl aluminium).
Air Products is also showcasing its range of equipment.
Air Products' MegaBIP® HCl technology uses a patented method of removing impurities and keeping hydrogen chloride purity consistent as the gas is withdrawn through a self-contained purifier built into a cylinder. Last year, Air Products BIP® technology was awarded, among other distinctions, the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation 2004.
Air Products is also featuring the ATCS Plus, a new addition to its Absolute ™ Temperature Control System, to the Electronics Specialty Chemicals market. It provides reliable and stable temperature control of Air Products' Schumacher line of liquid source chemicals. It provides expanded temperature control ranging from 10-120° C.
Air Products' Gasguard® gas delivery systems, including its gas cabinets, valve manifold boxes and bulk specialty gas delivery systems, is also on the stand. The systems deliver safe, reliable, consistent and flexible performance to the electronics industry. Also featured is the Chemguard® 100 automated chemical delivery system, a dual reservoir cabinet, which allows customisation to fabs' changing requirements. The Chemguard® technology maintains chemical purity, guarantees safety of fab personnel and ensures 100% process uptime by supplying continuous chemical flow to the process tool.
Information on all these products and the in-depth knowledge of the Air Products representatives can be accessed at the stand.
'At Air Products, we pride ourselves on our customer partnerships. We're always looking for new ways to improve the product range we offer and the way we do business with customers; whether it's customer service, our supply chain, technical solutions or safety' said Simon Earnshaw, General Manager Electronics Europe.
About Air Products
Air Products (NYSE:APD) serves customers in technology, energy, healthcare and industrial markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of products, services and solutions, providing atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials and chemical intermediates. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment and is listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indices. The company has annual revenues of $7.4 billion, operations in over 30 countries, and nearly 20,000 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.