April 21, 2005 Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Underscoring its commitment to sustainability, Air Products (NYSE:APD) has published its latest Corporate Responsibility Annual Report, highlighting its fiscal 2004economic, environmental, health and safety, and social performance.
"We believe our products afford people a better quality of life—from life-sustaining oxygen; to industrial gases that conserve energy, reduce pollution, preserve food and improve healthcare; to chemical products that offer environmentally friendly alternatives and boost performance," said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, John Jones. "Our latest Corporate Responsibility Annual Reportcontinues our sustainability dialogue with our investors, customers, communities and our own employees."
Highlights of the new publication include:
• John Jones' message of sustainability progress and future challenges
• Overview of Air Products' fiscal 2004 financial performance and leading market positions
• Corporate governance policies and ethics, including activities of the Board of Directors, initiatives related to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, and financial accounting practices
• Environmental, health, safety and security programs and results
• Employee development, including diversity and work/life balance initiatives
• Social responsibility activities, including employee volunteerism and corporate philanthropy
• Descriptions of the company's products, technologies and services that are helping its customers build sustainability into their operations
Air Products' commitment to sustainability was recognized by several organizations in fiscal 2004. The company was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indices and was one of the safest large-scale chemical companies in the American Chemistry Council for the fifth consecutive year.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) serves customers in technology, energy, healthcare and industrial markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of products, services and solutions, providing atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials and chemical intermediates. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment and is listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indices. The company has annual revenues of $7.4 billion, operations in over 30 countries, and nearly 20,000 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
NOTE: This release may contain forward-looking statements. Actual results could vary materially, due to changes in current expectations.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Air Products values ongoing feedback from its stakeholders. Readers are encouraged to complete an online survey about the new report at www.airproducts.com/responsibility.