March 07, 2006 Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) today announced not just one offering, but an entire series of ZetaSperseTM dispersing additive products providing formulators of waterborne coatings and inks the flexibility needed to address the diverse dispersion nature of organic, high-performance organic, inorganic, and carbon black pigments. The globally-available ZetaSperseTM dispersing additives are environmentally-friendly, economical, pigment dispersing additives with performance attributes for both waterborne coatings and graphic arts applications.
The series of ZetaSperse pigment dispersing additives includes five product offerings (1200, 1400, 1600, 2100, and 2300), each with application-specific attributes. "The individual products in this series each have their own niche, and as a group provide formulators with a broader toolbox of solutions to address specific needs," said Mark Sutovich, market manager–North America for Air Products. "All five products have proprietary technology developed to effectively and efficiently wet pigments and stabilize pigment dispersions at a lower cost in use for formulators."
ZetaSperse dispersing additives offer multifunctional performance with pigment wetting, dispersing, and defoaming in one product. The ZetaSperse additive series provides excellent color development and suitability for difficult carbon black pigments. The products are compatible over a wide range of organic, high-performance organic, and inorganic pigments, and have excellent viscosity control with increased pigment loadings. The ZetaSperse additive series is also environmentally-friendly and is both APE (alkyl Phenol Ethoxylate) and HAP (hazardous air pollutants) free with low VOC content.
Each ZetaSperse dispersing additive carries the stated attributes, while also specializing in certain key performance areas. These key performance attributes for each product include:
- ZetaSperse™ 1200 additive – excellent ability to increase pigment loadings of inorganic pigments, with additional broad utility across various organic pigments.
- ZetaSperse™ 1400 additive – broad utility across the entire series product line designed to disperse virtually any organic, inorganic, or carbon black pigment class.
- ZetaSperse™ 1600 additive – increased pigment loadings and enhanced wetting, color strength and stable viscosities for organic and high performance organic pigments.
- ZetaSperse™ 2100 additive – enhanced tint strength with low dispersant demand levels, as well as excellent viscosity stability in the finished dispersion over a wide variety of carbon black pigments.
- ZetaSperse™ 2300 additive – significantly reduced dispersant demand at an equivalent color development for organic, inorganic, and black pigments.
More information on these unique Performance Solutions products is available via the worldwide web by visiting www.airproducts.com/zeta. For samples, please contact Air Products' Product Information Center at 800-345-3148 (outside the U.S. and Canada 610-481-6799); fax 610-481-4381; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) serves customers in technology, energy, healthcare and industrial markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of products, services and solutions, providing atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials and chemical intermediates. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment and is listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indices. The company has annual revenues of $8.1 billion, operations in over 30 countries,and over 20,000 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
NOTE: This release may contain forward-looking statements. Actual results could vary materially, due to changes in current expectations.