April 25, 2006 Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Speaking openly about sustainability and its responsibilities as a good corporate citizen, Air Products (NYSE:APD) has published its third Corporate Responsibility Annual Report.
With the theme, "We're with you everywhere," the new Report is available on the company's Corporate Responsibility Web site at www.airproducts.com/responsibility and highlights Air Products' fiscal 2005 economic, environmental and social performance.
"Over our 65-year history, we've been proud of our accomplishments and the positions we've achieved. We know that maintaining this leadership requires responsible conduct as well as an openness to developing sustainable technologies for the future that benefit both the company and our stakeholders," said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer John Jones. "In our latest Corporate Responsibility Annual Report, we continue the dialogue with our investors, customers, communities and our own employees about business decisions and actions that are leading to improved profitability and quality of life, not only for our people and our company, but for the planet and society at large."
Highlights of the new report include:
- John Jones' message to stakeholders about how Air Products is addressing its economic, environmental and social responsibilities;
- An overview of the company's financial performance and leading market positions;
- Information about corporate governance policies, including an interview with Chief Risk Officer Diane Sheridan, activities of Air Products' Board of Directors, and corporate responsibility recognitions the company has received;
- Results of Air Products' environmental, health, safety and security programs;
- Stories about Air Products' culture, including employees' responses to the Asian tsunami and Gulf Coast hurricanes, an updated and expanded Employee Code of Conduct, diversity progress and challenges, and knowledge management initiatives;
- Social responsibility activities, including employee volunteerism in local communities and philanthropic giving at the corporate level; and
- Examples of how the company's products, technologies and services are affording people a better quality of life while helping customers be more sustainable in their operations.
Air Products' commitment to sustainability has been recognized by several organizations. The company again was named to the Dow Jones, FTSE4Good, Calvert Social, Domini 400 Social, and Ethibel sustainability indices; cited as a leading company inthe Carbon Disclosure Project's Climate Leadership Index; and recognized as one of the safest large-scale U.S. chemical companies by the American Chemistry Council.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) serves customers in technology, energy, healthcare and industrial markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of products, services and solutions, providing atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials and chemical intermediates. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment and is listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indices. The company has annual revenues of $8.1 billion, operations in over 30 countries, and over 20,000 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
NOTE: This release may contain forward-looking statements. Actual results could vary materially, due to changes in current expectations.