May 01, 2007 Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Air Products’ (NYSE:APD) 2007 Corporate Responsibility Annual Report, entitled, “We are Air Products,” was published today and is available at www.airproducts.com/responsibility.
The Report is the company’s fourth annual publication in its sustainability reporting, reviewing its economic, governance, environmental and social performance.
“Our Corporate Responsibility Annual Report is one of our most important communication vehicles in our continuing sustainability dialogue with our stakeholders,” said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, John Jones. “As we drive toward our vision of being the best company to invest in, buy from and work for, we are focused on continuous improvement around the three areas of sustainability that responsible and profitable businesses are embracing today—economic growth, environmental protection and social responsibility.”
The company’s 2007 Corporate Responsibility Annual Report includes:
- Mr. Jones’ letter to stakeholders, including corporate responsibility activities and successes in 2006, as well as areas of where the company has committed to further improvement.
- An overview of Air Products’ global operations and drivers of shareholder value.
- The company’s corporate governance practices and ethics policies.
- Results of Air Products’ ongoing environmental, employee health and safety, and security programs.
- Programs and activities to engage and develop employees and provide a work culture where trust, diversity, innovation and teamwork are valued.
- Community involvement, including global employee volunteerism and philanthropic giving.
- Examples of technologies across Air Products’ four global businesses that help customers be more sustainable in their operations.
- Efforts to build relationships with suppliers and service providers who share the company’s commitment to ethical business practices and to providing the highest value to customers.
Air Products continues to receive recognition from important socially responsible investment indices, including membership in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, FTSE4Good Global Index, Ethibel Sustainability Index, Domini 400 Social IndexSM and Calvert Social Index™. The company also is a member of several organizations promoting sustainability, including the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, the American Institute of Chemical Engineers’ Center for Sustainable Technology Practices, the American Chemistry Council, and the Pew Center Business Environmental Leadership Council, among others.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment and is listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indices. The company has annual revenues of $9 billion, operations in over 40 countries, and over 20,000 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
NOTE: This release may contain forward-looking statements. Actual results could vary materially, due to changes in current expectations.