May 22, 2008 Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Air Products’ (NYSE:APD) 2008 Corporate Responsibility Report, entitled, “20│20 Focus: Delivering the Difference,” is now available at www.airproducts.com/responsibility. The Report marks the company’s fifth consecutive year of sustainability reporting.
“Never in our history have we been better positioned to deliver higher growth and higher returns to shareholders and provide value to society as an innovator and a responsible corporate citizen,” said John McGlade, chairman, president and chief executive officer. “Our gases, materials and applications expertise have been helping our customers address sustainability challenges for decades. With that strong history, we continue to chart our path to further improve our economic, environmental and social performance and strengthen our stakeholder relationships in the process.”
Air Products’ latest Corporate Responsibility Report includes:
- Mr. McGlade’s letter to stakeholders, including sustainability activities and progress in 2007, as well as areas identified for further improvement.
- An overview of Air Products’ global operations and drivers of shareholder value.
- The company’s corporate governance practices and ethics policies.
- Programs and activities to develop and engage employees based on innovation, integrity, diversity, respect, inclusiveness and teamwork.
- Efforts to engage suppliers and service providers who share Air Products’ commitment to ethical business practices and provide the highest value to customers.
- Technologies and offerings from the company’s four global businesses that enable customers to have more sustainable operations.
- Air Products’ social responsibility commitments, including employee volunteerism and philanthropic giving.
Air Products is a member of several organizations committed to sustainability, including the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, the Business Environmental Leadership Council of the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, the American Institute of Chemical Engineers’ Center for Sustainable Technology Practices, the American Chemistry Council, the UK Carbon Capture and Storage Association, and Canada’s Integrated CO2 Network, among others.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Air Products has annual revenues of $10 billion, operations in over 40 countries, and 22,000 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
NOTE: This release may contain forward-looking statements. Actual results could vary materially, due to changes in current expectations.