June 16, 2009 Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Air Products hydrogen ambassador, HydroJen, makes her debut in the UK. You can meet her at a photo call:
Date and time: 17th June, 8.45am
Location: 9th Floor of City Hall, please report to reception upon arrival.
Additional photos will be available upon request from 3pm.
Please confirm attendance with Andie Allan, on +44 7956 549 526.
HydroJen will make her first UK appearance at the final of the 2009 London Schools Hydrogen Challenge, www.LSHC.co.uk, sponsored by Air Products. The character is coming to the UK to educate children and teenagers on renewable green energy sources. She will be visiting schools and taking part in challenges across the UK.
“I aim to make learning about hydrogen energy fun and easy. Fossil fuels won’t last forever and they’re getting more expensive so let me be your guide to the exciting world of hydrogen.”
Ian Williamson, Hydrogen Energy Systems Director, Europe, India and Africa, Air Products said:
“We are the UK leader in the provision of innovative, reliable and safe hydrogen infrastructure from production, transportation through to the fuelling of vehicles. We look forward to HydroJen educating youngsters about some of the work we are doing with hydrogen and how we can plan for a greener future.”
Children and parents are now able to follow HydroJen in her exploration of hydrogen as a
renewable fuel via her blog and twitter feed found at Hydro_Jen and
Air Products is the leading provider of hydrogen in the UK, winning various contracts since January 2008 including;
- An agreement with Transport for London to supply hydrogen fuel and a dedicated fuelling station for the hydrogen bus programme;
- Hydrogen fuelling stations have been installed at the University of Birmingham and the University of Loughborough to fuel hydrogen vehicles on campuses;
- The Hebridean Hydrogen Seed (H2seed) project agreement includes the supply of a dedicated hydrogen fuelling station and storage facilities for the Islands’ hydrogen-powered cars;
- The agreement to supply hydrogen fuel and training for a new zero-emission hydrogen fuel cell that will power road side vehicle emissions testing equipment in Camden;
- The Hydrogen mini-grid project at the Environmental Energy Technology Centre (EETC) in Rotherham where hydrogen is generated onsite and includes an Air Products fuelling station.
About Air Products
Air Products (NYSE:APD) serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Air Products has annual revenues of over $10 billion, operations in more than 40 countries, and 21,000 employees around the globe.
For More Information
Tel +44 1932 249 622
Mobile +44 7956 549 526