Air Products joins the nation in celebrating National Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Day to raise awareness of fuel cell and hydrogen technologies that provide reliable and resilient power, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and increase America's energy security.
For its third year, National Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Day is observed on October 8 (10.08), which relates to the atomic weight of hydrogen—1.008.
Air Products, the Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Energy Association (FCHEA) and its members, industry organizations, and state and federal governments are commemorating National Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Day with a variety of activities and events across the country. Check them out at www.hydrogenandfuelcellday.org.
Did You Know?
- Fuel cell and hydrogen energy technologies are here NOW!
- Fuel cell and hydrogen energy technologies are clean and efficient.
- Hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicles that turn hydrogen into electricity are:
– Non-polluting—their only emission is water
– Up to three times more efficient than gasoline and
- When considering the possible alternatives to gasoline powered cars (including battery electric cars), hydrogen fuel cell cars are the only option that have the potential to give the same range, performance and refueling time of a conventional automobile.
- Major automotive companies around the world have invested billions of dollars into the development of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, including the Toyota Mirai and Honda Clarity.
Air Products has more than 60 years of hydrogen experience and is at the forefront of hydrogen energy technology development.
- Air Products has an extensive patent portfolio with over 50 patents in hydrogen dispensing technology.
- Air Products deployed its first hydrogen fueling station in 1993, and today our fueling technology is used in conducting over 1,000,000 hydrogen fills per year—a number that continues to rise!
- Air Products has been involved in over 200 hydrogen fueling projects in the United States and 20 countries around the world.
- Cars, trucks, vans, buses, scooters, forklifts, locomotives, planes, cell towers, material handling equipment and even submarines have been fueled with Air Products’ SmartFuel® technologies.
Learn more about the exciting role Air Products plays in creating renewable energy for a sustainable future.