Air Products and Chemicals, a leader in epoxy resin technology, has developed a class of oligomeric materials with key characteristics making them suitable for multiple applications. Two interesting characteristics are the high crosslink density and high glass transition temperature. These characteristics make the material suitable for use as a chemically resistant composite material. In addition, the material exhibits excellent CO2 and O2 barrier properties. It contains hydroxyl groups, and is therefore cross-linkable with a wide variety of cross linking agents, making it possible to refine properties if required for particular end-use applications.
- Excellent Oxygen (O2) and Carbon dioxide (CO2) barrier properties
- Environmentally benign solvent
- Clear and low color coating
- High glass transition temperature (Tg)
- High cross-link density
- Cross-linkable with multiple classes of cross linking agents including acids, isocyanates, and amino resins
Priority Patent Docket No.
|Packaging materials having barrier coatings based on
water-epoxy resin copolymers
Acid catalyzed copolymerization of water, tetrahydrofuran and
multifunctional epoxides and uses thereof
|Acid catalyzed copolymerization of water and epoxy resin and uses thereof
Epoxy Polyols Barrier Coating Technology
Download PDF (129KB)
Back to Technology Licensing-Chemicals