Air Products is offering for license a pre-wetted cleaning wipe for cleaning surfaces in an electronics materials fabrication area. The electronics fabrication industry typically requires ultra clean surfaces in fabrication areas, such as cleanrooms, due to the extremely small electrical lines and devices demanded by the customers. The machines and work areas within the fabrication areas are typically cleaned by wiping down the surfaces with towels and wipes, which are pre-wetted with various solvents, wetting agents, and cleaning solutions. The electronics fabrication industry is under increased pressure to reduce emissions of volatile organic chemicals (VOC). Previous technologies have attempted, but failed to provide an effective cleanroom wipe with both low VOC and low NVR, while avoiding the effects of detergency (foaming).
- Reduced levels of VOC (volatile organic chemical)
- Reduced levels of NVR (nonvolatile residue)
- Acetylenic diols are surface active without foaming properties
- Lower aqueous concentrations than previous surfactants
- Reduced surface tension of water over previously used surfactants
Priority Patent Docket No.
|Low VOC Cleanroom Cleaning Wipe
Low VOC Cleanroom Wipes
Download PDF (1540 KB)
Back to Technology Licensing-Electronics