On October 8, Air Products joins companies and organizations across the nation in celebrating National Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Day to raise awareness of fuel cell and hydrogen technologies that provide reliable and resilient power, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and increase America's energy security.
National Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Day
- Observed on October 8 (10.08), which relates to the atomic weight of hydrogen (1.008)
- Fourth year in a row that the U.S. has observed National Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Day
- Formally recognized by the U.S. Senate for the fourth year with the passage of Senate Resolution 664.
Air Products Hydrogen Energy Technology Development
- With more than 60 years of hydrogen experience, Air Products is at the forefront of hydrogen energy technology development.
- Air Products deployed its first hydrogen fueling station in 1993, and today our fueling technology is used in conducting over 1,500,000 hydrogen fills per year.
- We have been involved in over 250 hydrogen fueling projects in the U.S. and 20 countries around the world.
- Our SmartFuel® technologies have been used to fuel cars, trucks, vans, buses, scooters, forklifts, locomotives, planes, cell towers, material handling equipment and even submarines.
Learn more about how Air Products is Paving the Way for Hydrogen Powered Transportation.
Sustainability is at the Heart of What We Do
At Air Products, our commitment to safety, health and the environment is unwavering. Every day we are dedicated to:
- Grow responsibly through sustainability-driven opportunities that benefit our customers.
- Conserve resources and reduce environmental footprints through cost-effective improvements.
- Care for our employees, customers and communities—protecting our license to operate and grow.
Learn more about sustainability at Air Products.