See what nitrogen can do in your wave soldering process.
Benefits of Nitrogen for Wave Soldering
- Reduced oxygen in the soldering atmosphere leads to a reduction in solder joint defects such as shorts and icicles
- Improved solder wetting = increased plated through hole top side fillet with greater wetting force and decreased wetting time
- Enables implementation of no clean flux processes, reducing the volume of flux per board and allowing the use of less active flux chemistry
- Dramatic reduction in dross formation = less cleaning, reduced equipment maintenance expense, reduced material cost, and increased productivity
- Minimization of solder ball formation
- Wider process window and increased uptime