Among all the other nitrogen supply modes, industry veterans turn to membrane separators when they need a reliable high purity nitrogen supply that is mobile, low maintenance, customizable to volume, and appropriately sized.
Air Products’ membrane applications:
Oil and Gas
– Oil exploration and transportation involve a lot of industrial work in close proximity to flammable materials. Nitrogen gas reduces the possibility of combustion and promotes safety in the oil and gas industry.
– In many industrial applications, the use of oxygen is potentially dangerous. Nitrogen gas displaces oxygen and all of the corrosive or harmful qualities that go along with it.
Shipboard Nitrogen Systems
– When cargo ships carry highly flammable fuels across the ocean, PRISM® Membrane separators generate a nitrogen safety blanket to prevent ignition.
– Heavy beers benefit from being pressurized with nitrogen, resulting in a silky and pleasingly carbonated beverage, straight from the tap. Nitrogen also benefits the beverage industry by preventing rapid aging.
– Tires inflated with nitrogen maintain their pressure better than tires inflated with regular air. This benefits the trucking and passenger car industry because tires will last longer and require less maintenance.
– Foods are harvested and packaged throughout the year and nitrogen keeps them fresh until they reach the kitchen table. This allows food distributors a much appreciated time extension in distribution.
Aerospace Fuel Tank Inerting
– Pumping nitrogen into the fuel tank of airplanes removes the risk of fuel vapor combustion onboard commercial and military airplanes.
Are your application needs different? Tell us about it.