Liquid Hydrocarbons- Delivering bottom-of-the-barrel value
The market for fuel oil is shrinking. Many refineries are also under pressure to reduce plant emissions and meet product sulfur limits. The Air Products Liquids Gasification Technology is a clean, efficient, reliable and proven technology. When integrated with other upgrading and treating technologies, it can convert a wide range of low-value refinery residues and asphaltenes into syngas for:
- Integrated gasification combined-cycle power generation with optional carbon dioxide capture
- Hydrogen production via water–gas shift
- Petrochemical production
It also creates the opportunity to use heavier, less expensive crudes and benefit from deeper conversion.
Air Products’ turnkey solution
We can support your project throughout its life cycle including:
- Design and engineering
- Commissioning and start-up
- Experience transfer
- Master planning
Delivering high efficiency and yield. In the Air Products Gasification Process system, hydrocarbon chains are partially oxidized in a refractory-lined reactor. This results in a high syngas (carbon monoxide and hydrogen) yield and generates heat. The unit uses special burner and reactor designs to achieve high thermal efficiency and low soot levels. The syngas is cooled in an adjacent syngas effluent cooler, which produces high-pressure saturated process steam that can help to lower plant operating costs.
Why select Air Products gasification technology?
It is unique and proven.
Air Products Gasification Process technology can process a wide range of feedstocks, including highly viscous, high-sulphur residues. It also offers:
- Low oxygen and fresh water consumption
- Low soot formation (<1 mg/Nm³ of soot in raw syngas)
- Enhanced syngas yield (typically >2,600 Nm³ syngas per ton of feedstock)
- Enhanced thermal efficiency through the syngas cooling process (with high-pressure steam generation)
It keeps getting better.
- As an owner and operator, and through close partnerships with other users, Air Products has the insight and experience to deliver. We record innovations and improvements in a lessons-learned database for the benefit of all licensees and to improve our master design. Focusing on continuous improvement through innovation and partnership helps us to achieve longer continuous runs and lower maintenance costs.
It is supported.
- Our global Air Products Syngas Solutions technical service center provides dedicated life-cycle support for lifetime assurance, including design, simulation, start-up assistance and training, and long-term operational assistance. We facilitate global technology-user conferences that aim to build user communities and accelerate learning.