||Director of Global Technology
Roger graduated from the University of Surrey with a Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering in 1988. He joined the Italian EPC, Snamprogetti, on their UK graduate trainee program, taking on assignments at a UK oil refinery and offshore. Following this Roger moved into cryogenic plant design by joining British Gas plc as part of their LNG engineering team.
Since joining Air Products in 1996 Roger has worked in a variety of technology areas, leading teams in the Engineering organization, in Europe, China and US. Significant career highlights include;
- Leading teams of technology experts located around the globe, developing and implementing improved designs for major industrial gas projects. Projects include multi-train Air Separation facilities in China, novel Helium extraction technology in the USA and cryogenic syngas purification facilities in multiple locations.
- Building a new Process Technology organization in Shanghai capable of delivering Air Separation Unit independently for the Asia market. Roger developed a graduate recruitment scheme and devised multiple strategies for knowledge transfer between organizations.
- Leading a team that provided the process technology input for Hydrogen Steam Methane Reformers projects in Spain, Switzerland and Malaysia.
- Creating and leading a team of experts from across Air Products to test plant performance, defining performance limits, and so refining future design methods.
- Developing the world scale process design of a rare gas (Krypton/Xenon) extraction plant for Sabic in Saudi Arabia.
Roger is currently transitioning from the Global Technology Manager for cryogenic processes to undertake the development of Air Product Technology Centre located in Dhahran, building a world class organization to support Air Products businesses in the Middle East.
← Back to Site