How can I benefit from a nitrogen-based system if I’m already getting good parts at a reasonably low cost?
← Back to Heat Treating
||Tom Philips |
Sr. Principal Applications Engineer
There are numerous benefits of using a nitrogen-based atmosphere system, including:
- Independence from natural gas and related maintenance of generators.
- Increased flexibility to change atmosphere compositions and flow rates to suit the process and material requirements.
- Improved safety due to automatic nitrogen purge capabilities.
- Elimination of toxic components such as carbon monoxide and ammonia, associated with the use of endothermic generators and ammonia dissociators.
- Minimizing the amount of hydrogen needed to get the correct reducing power—due to nitrogen’s low dew point.
- Reduced carbon footprint and also significantly reduced carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide emissions.
To see if a nitrogen-based system makes sense for your operation, call us at 800-654-4567.