Air Products has over 35 years experience in the fabrication of MCR® Cryogenic Heat Exchangers, the design of MCR® Liquefaction Processes, and the commissioning and start-up of LNG plants. Success as a supplier of cryogenic natural gas liquefaction technology and equipment results from the creativity and technical capability of the many Air Products people who have dedicated their careers to this objective.
Years of effort have been devoted to the development of the MCR® Processes which provide the following advantages over other processes:
- Proven process technology.
- Readily available refrigerants.
- Large train capacity designs which create significant economies of scale.
- Equipment of proven technology and proven reliability.
- Low power requirements.
- Process options for precooling, including propane, mixed refrigerant, freon, and ammonia absorption refrigeration.
- Proven for fast start-up and efficient, reliable production.
- Flexible and broad turndown capability.
- Efficient plot plan and simplified equipment arrangement. Ideal for FPSO applications.
In addition, Air Products offers a full complement of capabilities for the successful planning, execution and operation of LNG projects including engineering, fabrication, start-up and field services.