What are BPS Products?
BPS (Better Process Solutions) is Air Products’ line of aqueous and solvent-based chemistries specifically formulated for electronics (wafer and PCB) assembly and packaging applications. These BPS products help remove or reduce metal oxidation, Fluorine contamination, organic residues including photoresist, and dicing residues.
Key Features of BPS Products:
- Extremely low etch-rates on commonly used metals, dielectrics, epoxies, etc.
- Compatible with widely used substrates and materials within Wafer-level chip-scale packages (WLCSP), Chip-scale packages (CSP), flip chips, leaded and non-leaded packages, BGA, ceramics and PCBs
- Easy to use with quick processing times ranging from 5-20 minutes, followed by a short DIW rinse
- Can be implemented on equipment commonly used in assembly/packaging facilities such as immersion wet benches, spray tools, batch tools, single wafer tools or inline tools
- Compatible with commonly used materials of construction on equipment
What Applications can BPS products be used for?
BPS products can improve a wide variety of assembly processes such as:
Wafer/Substrate Dicing (Saw):
- Low-resistivity dicing solution helps to efficiently remove swarf, prevent galvanic corrosion, reduce oxide build up and remove other residues during dicing; it eliminates the need for CO2 bubbling. For dicing of silicon, ceramics and other materials
- Removes oxides and retards subsequent re-growth to improve surface quality of Al bond pads and improve your wire bod processes (Au or Cu wire); an effecitve replacement of Ar-plasma, improve inter-metallic compound coverage and reduce NSOPs
- Improve the surface quality of leadframes and substrates, reducing oxidation and organic contamination; reduce NSOLs
- Improve surface quality of Cu metalized bond pads where high temperatures used in epoxy cure and bonding can cause rapid oxidation, worsening bond quality
- Reduce or eliminate PDMS and other organic contamination levels
- Reduce oxidation and contamination levels on solder bumps, Cu pillars, Au stud bumps to improve adhesion
- Allow flux-less reflow of solder bumps
- Remove thick-film photoresist films and residues in bump/plating processes. Both spin-on and dry-film positive or negative-acting positive resists can be removed; oven-cured polyimide may be removed
Pre-Plating Surface Preparation:
- Excellent surface cleaning and preparation chemistries for Al and Cu, used prior to ENIG/ENIPIG/electrolytic processes; eliminate hazardous acids and simplify processes while improving cost and performance with BPS
Packaged Your Way
BPS solutions save you more because they have a two-year shelf life, can be applied at room temperature and do not contain PFOS or silicones. We package them the way you need them - gallon bottles, five-gallon pails, 55-gallon drums or 200-gallon totes.