Gasification is a clean, reliable and flexible way to create synthesis gas (syngas) from low-value feedstocks for the production of high-value products and power.
Air Products Syngas Solutions deliver advantages for:
Are you worried about diminishing fuel oil markets? Do you need more hydrogen to maximize high-margin, ultra-low-sulfur-fuel yields? Are you prevented from processing opportunity crudes by emission and residue concerns? An integrated Air Products Gasification Technology unit can help you to:
- Improve product quality and value while reducing plant emissions
- Produce hydrogen for processing today’s clean fuels
- Adapt processing facilities as fuel oil demand diminishes
- Reduce demand for natural gas
- Use bottom-of-the-barrel oil for clean power, with the option of carbon dioxide for carbon capture and storage
- Reduce operating costs through the production of high-pressure process steam
- Provide carbon dioxide for enhanced oil recovery
- Improve ammonia production costs by more than 30%
- Reduce reliance on expensive feedstock imports
Saudi Aramco is building the world’s largest residue gasification unit. Syngas from multiple gasifiers will generate up to ~2.4 GW of electricity for the Jazan refinery and Saudi Arabian power grid through an IGCC plant.
- Lower natural gas dependence;
- Production of concentrated carbon dioxide for carbon capture and storage
- Improved environment performance compared with traditional coal-burning plants through lower levels of:
- Heavy metals
- Sulphur oxides
- Nitrogen oxides
Air Products Gasification Process technology is designed to be easily scaled up utilizing fewer larger units, which helps to lower capital and operating costs. For example, the Shanxi Lu’an Coal Mine Group is constructing four 3,200-t/d Air Products Gasification Process gasifiers. These units will create high-value synthetic hydrocarbons liquids from the company’s coal reserves.