As we work to be the most diverse industrial gas company in the world, we are building a workforce that reflects the places we do business, fully utilizing the diversity of the talent pool and fostering a respective and inclusive culture so that employees seek out diverse perspectives and feel empowered to confidently express their viewpoints and mobilize actions to create meaningful change.
Air Products uses innovative recruiting strategies and has long standing partnerships with diversity recruiting organizations that help strengthen the pipeline of diverse talent. In 2019, 55% of our college hires were diverse.
Air Products sponsors Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) throughout the world. The ERGs form an Inclusion Network that partners with Company leadership to create supportive communities that help attract and retain talent, raise cultural awareness and competence, develop critical skills and competencies and contribute to the Company’s diversity and inclusion objectives. Throughout the year the Inclusion Network and ERGs sponsor activities and programs for all employees, including workshops, panel discussions, awareness training and professional development sessions.Our ERGs include:
- AERO – Asian Employee Resource Organization
- BERG – Black Employee Resource Group
- EDGE – Ethnically Diverse Gulf Employees
- Enable – Valuing employees of ALL abilities
- Fulcrum – Ethnically and culturally diverse community
- HOLA – Hispanic Organization of Latinos and Amigos
- ISERO – Indian Subcontinent Employee Resource Organization
- MEERG – Middle East Employee Resource Group
- NextGen – Community supporting early career professionals
- Spectrum – Community supporting LGBTQ+ employees
- UDAAN – Employee group in India serving the underprivileged in communities where we operate
- Veterans Network – Community supporting veterans
- WSN – Women’s Success Network