After more than 30 years of supplying advanced materials and delivery systems to the global semiconductor and electronics industry, the Electronic Materials business of Air Products is expected to soon be fully operating as Versum.
With the spin-off of the business from Air Products planned for October 2016, Versum will publicly introduce its new identity and capabilities at SEMICON Taiwan, September 7-9, 2016. Versum will showcase, in Booth #138 - 4th Floor, the innovative products and services that make the company one of the industry’s largest and most respected suppliers.
Derived from the Latin word for “toward,” the name “Versum” (prounounced ver-SOOM) communicates the company’s deep commitment to helping customers continuously move toward the future by enabling innovation and creating cutting-edge solutions.
“Given Versum’s focus on the semiconductor market as well as our significant presence in Asia, SEMICON Taiwan presents an ideal opportunity to introduce ourselves as a new standalone company and communicate how we will build upon the market leadership we’ve established over many decades,” said Guillermo Novo, who will be CEO of Versum Materials, Inc. after the spin-off.
“As Versum, we will be more committed than ever to collaborating with our customers to make the future possible for them and their consumers worldwide. We will structure our entire business around meeting the evolving needs of the semiconductor, display and LED markets now and for years to come.”
At the SEMICON Taiwan show, Versum will be promoting its next generation CMP slurries, ultra-thin dielectric and metal film precursors, formulated cleans and etching products, and delivery equipment which continue to revolutionize the semiconductor industry. Information on the products and services displayed at the show are available at airproducts.com/semicon.
Versum technical representatives will be available throughout the show to answer questions and provide insight on next-generation materials and equipment that can provide its customers more precision and peace of mind. Additionally, a number of Versum leadership team members will be available for media interviews, including:
- Ed Shober, Vice President and General Manager, Advanced Materials, on the strategic direction of Versum Materials and the company’s plans for growth in the semiconductor market;
- Al Chuang, Director of Sales, Advanced Materials, Asia, on Versum’s presence in Taiwan;
- Laura Matz, Global Business Director, Planarization Materials, on Versum’s CMP offerings;
- Jim Minicucci, Vice President and General Manager, Asia-Pacific, Process Materials, on Versum’s etching platform;
- Rick Chen, Global Business Director, Surface Preparation and Cleans, on surface prep and cleans;
- Suresh Rajaraman, Global Business Director, Advanced Deposition Materials, on advancements and trends in advanced deposition; and
- Gene Karwacki, Global Strategic Marketing Director, on introducing the Versum brand to the marketplace.
In addition, Bob Ridgeway, group leader for PECVD and FCVD Applications, will deliver a presentation at the IC Forum on September 9, 3:10 p.m., in Room 401 of Hall 1 entitled, “Development of a Porous low-k Precursor to Provide Enhanced Mechanical Properties without Sacrificing Carbon Content.”