Glass and Frit
Industry leaders in glass technology and gas supply . . . ask Air Products and expect more
To Make Glass Better, Put Air Products in the Mix!
- Increased production
- Reduced fuel consumption and emissions
- Enhanced quality
Advanced Clean Energy Laboratory—Virtual Demonstrations to Global Locations
Improve your glass or frit production or processing operations.
Our specialists can help determine the optimal solution for your operation.
PRISM® VSA Oxygen Generators
Air Products' PRISM® VSA Oxygen Generators provide dependable oxygen supply to meet a broad range of flow requirements. Our robust generators offer a highly reliable oxygen supply at an overall cost savings compared to trucked-in liquid. The systems’ modular approach facilitates easy installation and maintenance, while the standard features enable the systems to meet the specific needs of glass producers.
Proven Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling Services
Argon is used in many applications in glass manufacturing. It is colorless, non-reactive, non-flammable and has low thermal conductivity.
Helium is used to protect the glass surface in fiber-optic glass production and to improve refining within the bubbling process during glass manufacturing.
Hydrogen is used in glass manufacturing for atmosphere control, cutting and polishing, heat treating, melting, and softening.
Nitrogen is used in glass manufacturing for atmosphere control and flat glass delamination.
Oxygen is used in glass manufacturing applications like cutting/polishing, heat treating, melting/softening, bubbling, and oxygen-enhanced combustion.
Specialty gases such as krypton, xenon, and neon are used to fill items made of glass in order to improve their performance or make them function.
- Oxygen-Staged Combustion in Oxy-fuel Fired Melting Furnaces
- Optimization of Energy Efficiency, Glass Quality and Nox Emissions in Oxy-fuel Glass Furnaces Through Advanced Oxygen Staging
- Cleanfire® HRℯ™ Burner - the First Smart Burner for the Glass Industry
- Cleanfire® ThruPortℯ™ Burner - a Solution for Aging Regenerators in the Glass Industry
- Cleanfire® HRₓ™ Oxy-fuel Burner
- Synchronized Oxy-fuel Boost Burners for Zero-Port Performance Optimization in Float Glass Melting Furnaces
- Maintaining Full Production in Furnaces with Failing Regenerators Using Oxy-fuel Combustion